Antique Dresser in Paradise Blue



This cute antique dresser on caster wheels was full of surprises. On the outside it looked like any normal 1930's chest of drawers, but two of the drawers were converted to pull-downs with display shelves. I have been wanting to paint something blue for a long time and finally found the perfect piece.    49"Hx34"Wx19"D 
$275
SOLD!







Access in the back to add back lighting. 

Emblem detail 
I used a palette knife and layered on bronze, silver, blue and white paint. 






Brass hardware painted blue and brushed with white and silver. 

The classic Before and After photo

After a light sanding and before adding 2 coats of paint. 

I used a flat Olympic Paint & Primer in Paradise Blue.
Highlights were done with white Olympic Paint and Primer,
Valspar glaze in bronze and DecoArt Metallics silver.
Sealed with Minwax Polycrylic in clear satin.


My little art studio on The Ridge in Crossville, Tennessee.
Contact me at GardenandEasel@gmail.com or 931-488-8894

Create some beauty today!
Gay Lena






Comments

  1. Leave a comment and tell me what you think? I debated distressing the piece, but decided I liked the clean crisp look. It can easily be distressed and made to look really old.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Queen Anne's Lace with Flair

Regal Roll Top Desk & Bookshelf Makeover

Vintage French Vanity