Coral and Bakelite

Take a look at my vintage Waterfall furniture overhaul and get ready to fall in love...


With Bakelite... 


And Coral (I used Valspar® Amber Rose).


This is how I achieved this classic beachy look:

Vintage waterfall furniture from the 1930-1940's found at a local thrift store. 


Someone had painted them an atrocious brown. Nothing a little sanding couldn't cure. 


Drawer handles removed and ready for sanding. 


I added 2-3 coats of paint using a small roller and used angled trim brush for the detail.
            

I used Rust-Oleum®
Oil Rubbed Bronze
I painted the handles inside a box
to control the spray.
 




And this was the result.


Click here to learn more about Bakelite and it's inventor Leo Baekeland.


Finished pieces before they were distressed and antiqued. 
   

This handy tool took care of the distressing. 

After I painted the pieces, I sealed them with sealing wax.
I used a pecan color stain & poly on the edges and in the detail scroll work. 

The final result

Inspired by the sea





The perfect spot to display seafaring treasures.








Coral and Bakelite
Click here to learn more about Vintage Waterfall Furniture.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Queen Anne's Lace with Flair

Regal Roll Top Desk & Bookshelf Makeover

Vintage French Vanity