Vintage French Vanity



(In October 2018 I took the plunge and painted this vanity old world blue. I think it is prettier than ever.)

Turn-of-the-Century French Vanity 
With Refinished Top
37"HX49"WX19"D



I bought this gorgeous piece from a local thrift center. I was excited to find cards and letters in the drawers with California addresses on them. So I assume the piece traveled from California before settling here in Tennessee. Only the top has been restored. The rest of the vanity and settee have the original paint and copper patina. You can find similar pieces for sale on 1stdibs that have been painted or restored for thousands of dollars. This is a great find and I hope it can find a special owner who can appreciate its history. Contact me at gardenandeasel@gmail.com or via text at 931-488-8894 for more info. Gay Lena

The French call this type of vanity a "coiffeuse" (or a dressing table).


Handpainted roses...just exquisite!

My grandmother's vintage hats from the 40's and 50's.
I used to play dress-up with these when I was a little girl.

Fluted Legs with intricate carvings 


It was tempting to paint this beautiful vanity.
In the end, I just couldn't cover up the faded gold and copper patinas that only time could produce.  

Vintage Ballerina Print




Available for $375
Contact me at 931-488-8894 or at GardenandEasel@gmail.com for more info.
Thanks for visiting!
Gay Lena


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Queen Anne's Lace with Flair

Regal Roll Top Desk & Bookshelf Makeover